The Greater Evangelism Women Fellowship International (GEWFI) is headed by its President, Pastor (Dr) Mrs. Nonyem Eziamaka Numbere, the wife of our Founding Father of blessed memory, Apostle Geoffrey Dabibi Numbere. The Vice President is Pastor (Mrs) Blessing Olori, the wife of the incumbent International Director of the Ministry.
The women have always played a pivotal role in the growth and development of Greater Evangelism World Crusade (GEWC) right from inception of the Ministry because Apostle G.D. Numbere, the founding father believed in Women Ministry. He appointed women into the Officers’ body and ordained them as Ministers and Elders alongside with their male counterparts. His favourite slogan was William Booth’s statement: “My best men are women.”
GEWFI is run by a Central Executive Council headed by the President. The fellowship is administratively divided into Regional, District, Area, Mission Centre, Zonal and Local church levels and headed by the wives of the Regional, District, Area, Mission Centre, Zonal Ministers and Resident Pastors respectively, except where the said Minister/Resident Pastor is a female or unmarried. In such case, a Pastor’s Wife or a Female Elder is appointed to head the women.
ARMS OF THE FELLOWSHIP
The Fellowship is made up of three arms namely:
- The Women Fellowship International,
- The Ministers’ Wives Association and
- The Philip’s Daughters Fellowship.
- The Women Fellowship International: All Married Women irrespective of their ages and single Ladies above 40 years of age.
- The Ministers’ Wives Association: Wives of all minsters in the Ministry. It aims at equipping them for better services alongside with their husbands.
- The Philip’s Daughters Fellowship: All single sisters between the ages of 20 and 39 years. The role of the Women Fellowship International in this group is only supervisory. They are free to be members of the Youth Fellowship as well.
Building up the total woman: spiritually, physically, mentally and socially in all aspects of life.
- To teach women to become true disciples of Christ.
- To create enabling environment for women of all ages for the development of their potentials by having programs such as fellowships, conferences, workshops and seminars.
- To raise Godly women who will impact on their family, the church and the society.
To actualise our set goals and objectives, the following programmes are carried out:
- Annual Women Retreats (New Year Retreat) at Zonal levels,
- Women’s Week in the Local Churches annually,
- Conferences: Area/Mission Centres, District and International, all triennially.
- Weekly Thursday Prayer and Fasting Programme for the pregnant, women seeking for the fruit of the womb, families, stubborn children, etc (9am-12pm at 43 Isiokpo Street, D/Line, Port Harcourt).
- Welfare outreach to widows, orphans and the needy (Every November).
BENEFITS OF THE FELLOWSHIP:
The unit members, the Local Church, the Ministry and the Society in general enjoy Spiritual, Physical and Social benefits through our programmes.
OUR SLOGAN – Women!!! …………………….. Builders!!!
Women Fellowship!!!…… Builders For Christ.
Phone Numbers: +2347040316049, +2348183120411,
Address: 43 Isiokpo Street, D/Line, Port Harcourt, Nigeria.