The basic things that one can do to be saved are as follows:
- Accept that you are a sinner.
“For all have sin and come short of the glory of God” (Roman 3:23)
“If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us” (1John 1:8)
- Believe that God loves you and sent Jesus Christ for your sins and thank Him for it.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16)
- Repent and confess your sins to God and earnestly plead with Him to forgive you and save from sin.
“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:23)
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1John 1:9)
“For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” (Roman 10:10)
- Accept Jesus into your heart and confess Him with your month as your Lord and Savior.
“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name” (1John1:13)
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Roman10:13)
- Believe that you are now a new creation in Christ having been forgiven, redeemed and saved.
“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new” (Corinthians 5:17)
Also read John 3:1-8
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to dwell in you, fill you, guide you and empower you to live a victorious Christian life, in Jesus Name.
“But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth” (Acts 1:8)
“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you” (John 14:26)